This page provides you with a number of resources to run in the best way an Open-house or Demo meeting:
To organise an Open-house we suggest the following steps:
- Set-up a team of committed Toastmasters to help you in running the event. Share the documentation with them. Consider using this event to complete your CL path or as a High Performance Leadership Project.
- Read and share with your team the document “Open-house Meetings Organisation” to get guidance and suggestions on how to better organize your event.
- Read and share with your team the Toastmasters short manual “From Prospect to Guest to Member” and Success 101” (electronic version).
- Hold a meeting with your team to start planning your event. During that meeting or before see the YouTube video of the Rick Furbush method for running demo meetings:
- Use the “Open-house Meeting Agenda” document in either the Word or Excel versions to prepare the agenda for your event.
- Refer to the article “Stir Up Excitement with an Open House or Demo Meeting” for additional tips.
Organize a Demo meeting
On a specific page of the Toastmasters International website you can find two presentations: one for Corporate Demo Meetings and one for normal Demo meetings – use them to present what is Toastmasters International and what is Pathways.
The District has produced an Open-house box (big and small versions). The January 2018 edition of the box has been given to Division Directors and Area Directors on the basis of open-house plans received and confirmed. The boxes had he following content: