IT Staff – Our District is looking for volunteers to create an IT group to support the Core Team in managing the IT.
In more detail, we are looking for the following:
- IT Manager (one who), which should coordinate the entire IT staff group – management skills are the main requirement for this position, although knowledge is finitely welcome
- Easy-Speak Support Specialists, to support the users of easy-Speak – a strong user/service orientation is the main requirement, and although no specific IT skills are needed for this, position experience in IT user support as well as experience in the use of easy-Speak would be welcome.
- IT support specialists provide technical assistance to the district. The IT Manager may also serve as the support specialist.
Click here to access the details for each profile:
Amongst the IT needs that this group should support are:
- Managing the current IT infrastructure
- Managing the IT application handles the budget and the reimbursement of costs to District Officers.
- Managing easy-Speak
- Managing the District website
- Managing District email accounts
- Supporting the current District presence on the various Social Channels
- Providing hosting & support to national websites
As our IT infrastructure evolves and goes into the District split, the following further needs will probably emerge:
- Development and management of a simple document management system to store minutes and additional documents from the various committees
- Management of Databases of:
- DEC & DC decisions
- Projects & Volunteers
- Manage the future split of our District in terms of IT services, trying to optimize/share the services, possibly in collaboration with District 95
Moreover, the current District IT infrastructure in the the district district website (district,109.org), which is the central repository of information for District Officers as well as ers, provides:
- access point for District Officers to information about their role, the meetings, and their minute decision taken, the financial reimbursement form
- access point to information and news about what is happening in the District for all members
- access to a calendar of exciting things happening in the District
- Easy-Speaksy-Speak is a software tool used by clubs in Continental Europe since 2006 to manage administrative tasks. Hosted on tmclub.eu, it fully supports club activities, keeps the area, vision, and district in sync, and provides a Candidate’s Corner and a District Shop. Regular maintenance requirements to ensure the software is up-to-date for exams and has accurate contact information for club and district officers.
- Social Chair for Our District is present on:
- Facebook, with a public group plus specific groups for District Officers
- YouTube, with an official channel
In the following pages, you will find a detailed description of each profile, with an estimate of the foreseen for each position.
To apply for any of these positions, email email@example.com detailing your motivation to volunteer for the position and a CV or a list of the skills you already have that are relevant to the deadline deadline deadline for submitting your interest in the position. Easy-Speak Support Specialist is June 25th (detraining dates), while the deadline), while for the other p, the deadline is July 5th.
Therefore, in your application email, please state that you are, in evil, willing to cover the specific role you are applying for one or more years – candidates eager to stay in the position for a longer time will be preferred.
For the position of easy-speak Support Specialist, a training course will be given to the selected persons. The training provided will be from June 26th to June 30th.
In conclusion, as with all District positions, these positions do not foresee any payment for the services rendered to the District.