Hosting a future district conference
Would you like to host a future district conference? Prepare a proposal and submit it to the District Director and the PQD. Organizing a conference is a Leadership activity. You may experience how to lead a big team and go throught the following topics:
- Planning: is the key to a successful district conference. Members should leave the conference feeling that they enjoyed, learned, and benefited. You can make this happen with some creativity and planning;
- Create a team: the success of a district conference also depends on appointing the right people to fill important positions;
- Program: under the guidance of the District Governor and LGET, the conference committee chair is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the conference;
- Financing: the finance chair is responsible for all financial matters involved in presenting the conference, including registration, venue and meal contracts TM do not look for profit but the district conference should not lose money;
- Education Sessions: the education program chair is appointed to organize the general education sessions and training sessions.She/he is responsible for the educational sessions,speakers, awards, speech contests, entertainment, and room set-up for all meetings;
- Public Relations: promotion of conference events to Toastmasters in the district and to the public. This person works closely with the public relations officer so the conference receives exposure in the district and club newsletters, websites, and available media;
- Physical arrangements: Involve registration desk, meal tickets, room setup and guide or supervise all important details for important guests like international leaders, directors, and region advisors.
Here you will find useful material collected from previous Conferences, things others can think about when arranging a conference.
||Conference Organizers Handbook
An capacious collocation on everything around a conference.
This document is a snapshot of comments from several members of the Organizing Committee of the Mallorca Toastmasters Club concerning the District 59 Fall Conference. It is hoped that this document will assist future Conference Organizing Committees in their quest to conduct a meaningful and productive Conference that their Clubs or Areas have volunteered to host.